I could go there again. You know....the place where I point out the unfairness of the last 11 months (wait the last 19 years)....but I will not.
You know why? This is the first time, since this madness all started, where I finally feel at peace.
Peace about Olivia's future.
I feel armed with REAL knowledge about her injury and a new path that has already yielded a miraculous recovery from where we started in April.
This verse from Isaiah continues to shine light in the darkness that almost took my girl:
I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16
I'd like to focus on the things she has overcome this year:
- She has regained complete head control.
- She has regained the ability to eat, including chewing and swallowing.
- She has regained the ability to get herself to a sitting position from laying down.
- She has regained the ability to walk, while being supported
- She has started attempting to raise herself up and balance on her knees.
- She has regained the ability to walk up our two story stairwell for a bath (with help of course).
- Independent walking.
- Independent eating.
- Self care skills.
- Healthier year.
- Relocating her bed back upstairs to her bedroom (with her setback, her bed is in our office).
- Testing of communication devices.
- ABA type therapy.
- Getting her out in the community more.
- To have more courage with sharing her story. BE BRAVE
- To trust, that for some crazy reason I was chosen for this . BE CONFIDENT
- To engrave on my heart what I have gained from my relationship with Jesus. BE LOVED
- All things work together for good (Romans 8:28)
- God has started and is perfecting a good work in me ( Philippians 1:6 )
- I can find grace and mercy in my time of need ( Hebrews 4:16 )
- He has given me a spirit of power, love and a sound mind ( 2 Timothy 1:7 )
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me ( Philippians 4:13 )
- I have been chosen and appointed by God to bear fruit ( John 15:16 )
- I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins ( Colossians 1:14 )
- I have been established, anointed and sealed by God ( 2 Corinthians 1:21-22)
- Olivia and I are protected by His Love & Faithfulness ( Psalms 40:11 )
- He arms me with strength, makes me surefooted as a deer. Prepares me for battle, with His shield. His right hand supports me and provides a path for my feet to keep from slipping. ( Psalms 18:32-36 )